6 Reasons to Celebrate Margarita Day Even Though It's Monday
5 MINUTE READ
Happy Marg' Monday Everyone!
If you've been searching for a reason to drink tequila on a Monday, look no further. Feb. 22 marks National Margarita Day. Move over Valentine’s Day, it’s officially time to celebrate the best fake holiday in February.
Although it may be a Monday, and you might still be recovering from the weekend, it’s also five o'clock somewhere - so you still need to celebrate. After all, this day only occurs once a year. Here are a few scientific + ish reasons why, and our favorite recipes to celebrate!
Tequila is a key component to any margarita, and tequila has many health benefits.
It is known to improve your metabolism, and helps promote calcium absorption - making it good for your gut. It also is a pain remedy, and can help fight cholesterol. And, based on a study by the American Chemical Society, tequila will not make you gain weight since it gets rid of toxins and agave helps lose weight.
So, in that case, you should be getting yourself a margarita every day, not just today... Because, HEALTH.
Tequila is a stress reliever after a bad day at work, and a perfect cure for a broken heart.
Let's face it: It's Monday; work is going to be unpleasant. Also, Valentine’s day is exactly one week previous to National Margarita Day... perfectly timed one might say?
It's a Monday and your Instagram feed is going to be lacking.
Therefore, you need to head out and take a selfie with that margarita in hand -- or at least add an artsy picture of that salt-rimmed glass. Bonus points if that salt-rimmed glass is a Silipint.
With Silipint products ranging in both fun colors and perfect proportions, from 12oz Rocks glasses, 14oz Wine glasses, or 22oz Bombers, we have your Marg Monday plans covered! Tag us in your Marg-Monday shots for love and a re-share.
You will be blessing everyone's timeline on a Monday, making them wish they were out for some margaritas right about now too. Or spreading the FOMO from home with your Silipint marg specialties.
Tequila helps prevent colds, and can keep you from getting sick.
We are in the season of colds and flu, as well as everything else going on this year. (We're pretty sure we've had a never ending cold, and it is not getting better. A lack of tequila drinking could be to blame... could be.)
Margaritas go great with tacos, chips and guacamole.
And when are you not craving chips and guac? The need is never ending!
Now you have a great reason to fulfill your craving. Every taco bar has a full margarita menu, and it's the perfect combo for a Monday night, so you can have fun supporting your favorite small business! Or celebrate from home and forget those charges for extra guac this year! Not to mention, an avocado is one of the healthiest foods you can indulge in.
Here is one of our favorite Marg complimentary dishes. Our Seven-layer Silipint Taco Dipper:
7 Layer Silipint Taco Dippers (6-8 servings)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 bag shredded cheese
- 1 can of black olives
- 1-2 tomatoes
- Handmade guacamole
- 3-6 avocados (depending on how many servings you’re making)
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Several Silipints (Half Pints, Pints or Rocks Glass will all work well)
- First make your guacamole. Slice up avocados into a 16oz Silipint, squeeze half of a lemon and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add more lemon to taste. Use a fork to mash everything, we like it chunky, but mash to your desired consistency.
- Next, layer your ingredients into Half Pints or Rocks Glass. Start with beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and then cheese. Then, relayer your ingredients as desired.
- Now you have the option to place these Taco Dippers in the oven. Silipints can be safely baked up to 450°F. So if you’re into the warm, gooey, hot taco dip, then toss these in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400°F, or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Silipints are free of BPA, BPS, and phthalates and are made of 100% food-grade, platinum-cured, FDA-approved silicone. They can be safely baked as long as you avoid direct flames.
- Lastly, top them off with tomatoes, olives, and about 6 tortilla chips, and serve!
You have nothing else to be doing on a Monday night.
It's a Monday, what else could you possibly be doing? It's 5 o'clock somewhere; go out and get that margarita!
Or make one from home, with a recipe from the drink professionals!
Spicy Shaken Margaritas
What You’ll Need:
- 16oz Pint (Cocktail shaker component #1)
- 12oz Rocks Glass (Cocktail shaker component #2)
- 1.5oz Shot Glass
- 2 jalapeños, seeds & end removed
- Triple sec
- 6 oranges – slice into quarters (best way to get the most juice out)
- 4 limes – 1 sliced up into wedges, the rest can be halved
- Silipints – Serving size of your choice – Cupster favorite is the 12oz Rocks Glass but you could also make mini cocktails in the 8oz Half Pints.
Prepping Your Cup:
Place the jalapenos in a food processor, once finely chopped, add to a bowl with your salt. This mixture will be your spicy, salty rim. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your 12oz Rocks Glass, then dip into the jalapeño salt mixture. Place your cup on the side.
Making your margaritas:
- In your 16oz Silipint with ice add 3-4 oz of Tequila and 2 oz of triple sec.
- Then, squeeze one halved lime wedge and 3 orange wedges. Use those muscles to get every drip of juice that you can.
- Place a 12oz Base just inside of the Pint, hold from both ends and SHAKE!
- Add ice to your your 12oz Rocks Glass and pour from the pint (squeeze the top of the Pint to keep the shaken ice from falling).
Tangy and oh so refreshing. The salt rim on this classic cocktail isn’t just for appearances, it helps balance the flavors too!
Happy Margarita Day everyone! Tag @Silipint in your MARG MONDAY posts for a reshare!