The Call Stands, Your Party Was a Touchdown
Do you hear that folks? It’s the silence before the roar as the referee decides a make or break a call that will have you hollering before he’s even finished talking. It’s time to prepare your ears and your kitchen, for the Superbowl.
Whether it’s the company you keep, the hilarious commercials, or having tremendous team pride during the game, the Superbowl is a great excuse to get together for some Sunday Funday shenanigans. If you need some Sili-inspiration, check out our Gameday fun video.
Luckily, the guest list is usually easy to please. There are only a few important details: food, drinks, and a good signal on your television.
Let’s Start With Food & Tableware.
The creamy, the spicy, and the unforgiving dips. There are so many to choose from- hot, cold, messy, or simple. We like simple.
Our Silipint Taco Dippers can be made and served from your own Unbreakable Half Pint. No messy prep dishes and the personalized serving size is perfect for double-dippers. Plus, our silicone drinkware is dishwasher safe, so clean up is quicker than your favorite running back!
7 Layer Silipint Taco Dippers (6-8 servings)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 bag shredded cheese
- 1 can of black olives
- 1-2 tomatoes
- Handmade guacamole
- 3-6 avocados (depending on how many servings you’re making)
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Several Silipints (Half Pints, Pints or Bases will all work well)
- First make your guacamole. Slice up avocados into a 16oz Silipint, squeeze half of a lemon and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add more lemon to taste. Use a fork to mash everything, we like it chunky, but mash to your desired consistency.
- Next, layer your ingredients into Half Pints or Bases. Start with beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and then cheese. Then, relayer your ingredients as desired.
- Now you have the option to place these Taco Dippers in the oven. Silipints can be safely baked up to 450°F. So if you’re into the warm, gooey, hot taco dip, then toss these in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400°F, or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- If you’re tailgating outside in a parking lot – bring a camp grill and you can heat individual dips up on the grill grate. Silipints are free of BPA, BPS, and phthalates and are made of 100% food-grade, platinum-cured, FDA-approved silicone. They can be safely grilled as long as you avoid direct flames.
- Lastly, top them off with tomatoes, olives, and about 6 tortilla chips, and serve!
Getting Fancy With Your Drinkware.
A cocktail station is a big hit at Superbowl parties, whether you’re not a fan of the halftime show, or you’re just looking for a little something extra to bring your party to life. Plus, you don’t need to buy a bunch of fancy cocktail making components, colorful and festive Silipints that are already in your cupboard will work great!
Spicy Shaken Margaritas
What You’ll Need:
- 16oz Pint(Cocktail shaker component #1)
- 12oz Base (Cocktail shaker component #2)
- 1.5oz Shot
- Shaken Margarita Ingredients:
- 2 jalapeños, seeds & end removed
- Triple sec
- 6 oranges – slice into quarters (best way to get the most juice out)
- 4 limes – 1 sliced up into wedges, the rest can be halved
- Silipints – Serving size of your choice – Cupster favorite is the 12oz Base but you could also make mini cocktails in the 8oz Half Pints.
Prepping Your Cup:
Place the jalapenos in a food processor, once finely chopped, add to a bowl with your salt. This mixture will be your spicy, salty rim. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your 12oz Base, then dip into the jalapeno salt mixture. Place your cup on the side.
Making your margaritas:
- In your 16oz Silipint with ice add 3-4 oz of Tequila and 2 oz of triple sec.
- Then, squeeze one halved lime wedge and 3 orange wedges. Use those muscles to get every drip of juice that you can.
- Place a 12oz Base just inside of the Pint, hold from both ends and SHAKE!
- Add ice to your your 12oz Base and pour from the pint (squeeze the top of the Pint to keep the shaken ice from falling).